Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ashlynne at 5 AM

Ashlynne woke up early this morning. I went to see why, and turns out she couldn't find her covers. I covered her up and "sunggled" her for a while, and then said "ok. It's time for mommy to go back to her own bed. I love you." She said " Can I go, too?" I told her no, and that she had to stay in her own special bed. I said " I love being your mommy!" She said " me too!" I asked her what, and she said "I love being your Ashwinn!" I melted instantly. I felt that I had been paid the biggest compliment ever, and I couldn't quit smiling. However, I got all teary eyed that my sweet little baby can comprehend what I meant by loving to be her mommy- and does indeed love being my baby, too. Such a bittersweet moment. I couldn't leave her~I picked her up and she got the rare privilege of sleeping in our bed. Daddy was just leaving for work, so she sunggled daddy for a minute, and kindly informed him that there were no treats in his work shirt pocket! (he normally brings treats home in his pocket every day just for his munchkin!) That's Ashlynne! Always aware of EVERYTHING at all hours. She was being so cute that Dustin did not want to go to work.

No comments: