Ok. So can I just say for the record that I have been absolutely lazy at blogging?
I have been so busy and sometimes it seems as if there's not enough time.
McKynzie Nicole was born on November 12 at 8:05pm. She weighed 8lbs 8oz and was 21 in. long. She was a week overdue and bigger than her older sister by almost two pounds!! The labor went well, and we are so excited she's finally here. McKynzie is the most amazing baby. Oh, and might I add that I finally got a mama's girl? I don't let Dustin forget it, either!! He gloats that Ashlynne is a daddy's girl so I don't mind that McKynzie is mine! She sleeps so much you almost worry, eats so much that she gained eleven ounces in a week! Ashlynne never gained that much in three weeks!! She is the easiest baby I have ever seen. She hates to be cold, and as long as she's toasy warm she will sleep for hours. She generally goes to bed around five pm and doesn't wake until two am and that's just to eat. She then sleeps and doesn't wake again until between five and six am, eats and then goes back to sleep until eight thirty! She is every bit as happy as Ashlynne, minus the colic. She smiles all the time and found her voice about two weeks ago. McKynzie coos and squeals a little more every day. Soon we will have not one but two chatter boxes! Oh, and Kaison nick-named her Miss-Kenzie and it has stuck! We now affectionately call her MissKenzie! so cute!
Ashlynne is the best big sister. She has gotten very good at translating for her sister. She knows what she wants and makes sure that everyone is aware of McKynzie's "needs"! She is a pro at keeping the diaper bag stocked and the diaper wipe container filled to the brim. Mckynzie loves to watch Ashlynne dance and no one can make her laugh like "big sister" as Ashlynne calls herself. We pretty much have the best girls ever!
Christmas was spent at my family's. Ashlynne and Dustin played for hours in the snow with Braden. Ashlynne has only gotten to play in the snow once before, and we were tubing and she wasn't crazy about it. She had a blast this time though. It was great to see snow again, and Christmas with my family wasn't the same without my sister. She and Todd stayed home as he was not feeling well. It was Trina and I's first Christmas apart. It was very quiet without her laugh. I missed it. Hopefully he gets well soon! I will post newborn pics and Christmas pics when I find our camera cord... It is lost in the computer room that we are organizing!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
you blogged! yay! keep it up my friend. :) love ya.
So glad to see you and catch up last night!!! =) Can't wait to see pics of your girls!!!
Love the new slide show!
Post a Comment