Sunday, July 11, 2010

Week at Uncle Jerry's

So. We went to Uncle Jerry's for a week for Uncle Jerry's and Grandpa's birthday. It was a suprise for Uncle Jerry. Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Rachel and Uncle David and Auntie Ginger were all there too so it was like a family trip I guess you could say. I'm so far behind in blogging its not funny but heres quite a few photos to catch up! We had soooooooooo much fun. It was the most pleasant, relaxing, restful, stress free vacation we have ever had. Thanks Martha and Jerry for an awesome time! While we were there we went to Cabela's multiple times (thanks to Dustin and Ashlynne), went to Idlewild park which is an amusement park geared towards kids. We of course had fun too! We did some tree trimming, and by that I mean Dustin, Dave and Uncle Jerry, played with Coco, (uncle jerry's dog) and went to Oglebay which is my all time favorite place back east. It is absolutely gorgeous there. We also went to the Good Zoo which was alot of fun (minus the birds)Lol! I loved every minute except for going in the bird pen at the zoo which I only did at the last minute to be a good sport and take a few pics of my girls. I HATE birds! Oh, and the humidity. It makes your armpits mold and your hair do crazy things! LOL! You should have seen Ashlynne's hair...


riding the teacups at Idlewild. Im NOT a spin-around-kind-of -girl... I love fast rides and rides that go up and down like roller coasters but I get insanely queasy with round and rounds. Ashlynne kept singing "you spin me right round baby right round like a naked baby.." I quickly enlightened her to the correct lyrics! Hillarious!

ridin in the boat all by herself. She loved the rides she could do alone. Felt so grown up.

Merry Go Round with Grandpa

McKynzie's first time on the merry go round.

Our photo for our Christmas card. JK! Cute one, though huh?!
Ridin' Uncle Jerry's quad. I couldn't go fast enough for her! We went all over- even got to go see Uncle Jerry's cute little hunting blinds. Ashlynne thought they were too dirty and needed cleaning!

Trimmin trees



OK. so this part is hilarious. These were taken at Cabelas... Ashlynne was the photographer and grandma and this nice cabelas puppy were the models! Ashlynne even used her own hair bow as a prop! All other props courtesy of Cabelas!

Sorry Grandma but this is too good!

Posing with the puppy.

Before the hair bow.

More shots with props.

Naked mole rats. Ugghhh.

Ashlynne liked the goats. You got to feed them and pet them. They stunk tho. I don't miss the country life!
McKynzie's first time seeing and petting a goat. I got nominated to go in with the kids for the goats since I opted out on the birds and since we had goats when we were kids.

Trying to get her pacifier. Yuck!
We were popular!





Blue eyes!

Lookin' at ducks and turtles

Such a beautiful walk! If you haven't been to Oglebay, you HAVE to go! It's crazy beautiful.

More quads

Ashynne loved to run and play in Uncle Jerry's yard. She played all day long every day as long as we were there!



Could she be any cuter?!

Watchin Ashlynne play

Walking with daddy. Can't see McKynzie but she's there!

Sparklers



Ashlynne was dancing with Uncle Jerry

Gettin down!

McKynzie and Uncle Jerry

Aunt Rachel and McKynzie

Playin in Uncle Jerry's yard

I LOVE that smile!
One of her many adorably cute faces!
Oops! More Good zoo pics! Here are the birds!



She wanted to touch the birds so bad!
Watching Big Sister feed the bird.

Ok. At first she wasnt crazy about them... I kept my mouth shut about how I feel about birds so I wouldn't influence her. She warmed up to them quick though. So brave!


McKynzie. Soooo cute!

Sistas!

Ridin with daddy. She had to check it out first. Figure out how it worked and then...

Good to go!

Ashlynnes turn

Ridin on the tractor with Uncle Jerry



Have you ever seen such a pretty girl? It was cold enough for hot chocolate and a sweatshirt!

She loves Uncle Jerry
From the back. It was too cute!

Grandma's girls

Best Friends

This was at Oglebay. Gorgeous!

LOVE the profile! She's so stinkin cute!



All smiles!
I love this one. McKynzie is such a momma's girl and I love it! Ashlynne is my best friend though. There is nothing more special than your firstborn I don't think and yet nothing so special as your baby.
Lookin' at deer poop. Ashlynne is fascinated with a variety of animal pooop. weird.

This hill was huge. It doesn't look like it but it is. We decided to roll down it.

Walking back up.
rolling down

and down. I picked up alot of speed. I had no idea I would roll that fast.

Have you ever seen a picture of your kids that astounds you with their beauty? This was that picture for me. So beautiful!





Her "OH" face! My favorite!

Her big smile
Cheesy grin!

Ashlynne loved the water fountain.








3 comments:

Shannon said...

sooo cute!

Alyssa Maire said...

aww... looks like a fun trip!

kmac said...

love your photos. You are so pretty and I love your family!