Thursday, August 11, 2011
Baby Chick!
Deep thoughts from my four year old. It never ends!! We were eating boiled eggs with dinner. My girls love to eat them plain. Ick! ATM pipes up and says "so, this is a baby chick, right? and you just cooked it inside the egg? right?" I gagged, sputtered, and turned and glared at Dustin with a "YOU HAD BETTER NIP THIS IN THE BUD" look. That was disgusting. I hate chickens. I hate roosters. I don't particularly care for eggs. They are gross if you think about them. They smell gross. Even the glass you drink out of while you eat eggs will smell gross, too. Even how they got here is gross. I hate cleaning the egg off my kids faces, I hate cleaning dishes with egg on them. I hate eggs. Except on a few select entrees. Anyway. Dustin fought back laughter and told her that no, this was not a baby chick in there. It was fine to eat. ATM still thought it was. "you know, chicks hatch from eggs, and they are yellow. This yolk is yellow too. It is probably just a cooked baby chick." My stomach was churning and turning and I thought I was going to be sick. He explained that, NO, that most certainly was NOT a baby chick. There are eggs with baby chicks in them for hatching, and there are eggs for eating. We buy eggs for eating, and leave the eggs with baby chicks in them on the farm to hatch. At which point McKynzie cradles her boiled, chickless egg in her little hand and begins to coo. "Awwww! Lil Baby Chick! Baby Chick! Look Daddy, Baby Chick!!" I had to leave the table. The mental picture was more then I could stomach. I didn't finish dinner. We are laughin now though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Oh Tiffany! I could not agree more! Although funny, I totally agree with the smell, thoughts, etc.! Just one more reason I am a vegetarian!
lol, that story is so funny! You are such a good writer! I agree with you about how gross it is that eggs make cups smell gross too- I always have thought that too :) Got to love kids :)
I love your profile song too! When I first heard this song I played it like 5 times in a row :) Love you guys and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Love, Amy
Post a Comment