Monday, July 23, 2012
"MOMMY, YOU'RE MARRIED????!!"
I often wonder what things mean in little minds, Tiny Tot's in particular. Out of NOWHERE today, Cookie yells in her most excited voice "MOMMY, YOU'RE MARRIED???!!!" My mind was trying to figure out what the context of this question was, and where did it come from. If you know Cookie at all, you know why this seemingly out of nowhere. I answered her in MY most excited voice " Yes!! I am!" And she squeals "Can I see it?!!" I cracked up laughing, my mind still wanting to know where this train of thought was headed, and where did it come from. I said "Aww honey, you can't see me being married, but I will show you pictures of our wedding." So I got out our album, and she began flipping through the pages, Ahhing and Ooohing at 'Mommy's beautyful dress'. She recognized most of the family, except for Uncle RaRa. She laughed when she found out who it was, and insisted that it was most definately NOT her Uncle RaRa. She turns to the pictures of Dustin and yells, with eyes open as wide as if she has just discovered the biggest secret of all time, "Daddy is married TOO??!!" I was rolling with laughter and answered her that yes, Daddy was married to me, and we love each other soo much. My phone rang just then, and it was Dustin. I was still laughing and he wanted to know why. As I started to tell him, McKynzie runs up to me, using her McKynzie voice, and says "Is that my daddy?" I told her that it was indeed her daddy. She asked to talk with him"too tell him that he is MARRIED!" After Dustin got home, Cookie randomly tells him, still in shock, "Daddy, you're married!" He couldn't hold back the laughter, and asked her who he was married to. She stopped like right now, and tilts her head to the side, wrinkled her eyebrows, and nose, and says "What are you married to?!" I am dying to know what she thinks "married" is! We explained to her that we were married to each other. I thought she got it, but she still is completely puzzled about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment